Sunday, November 18, 2001

So why am I here?

Why not?

With the events of 9/11, the Toob is full of talking heads. Some of them have something to say; most don't. Over many years, I have had it driven into my head that nobody cares squat what I say. Write to Congresscritters, get back a nice generic form letter. Talk to pollsters, they walk away when I don't fit into one of their nice neat categories. So here I can say it anyway.

I don't intend to dwell particularly on the 9/11 events. I'm thinking about them, of course, but there's lots of other stuff going on. What I want to say is mostly in the category of "HEY YOU!! WAKE UP!!".

Hopefully, I can set off a small lightbulb or two over somebody's head. Most people, after all, are pretty smart. They just have to be convinced to actually think, instead of just parroting back whatever their particular Authority Figures tell them to think.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com